Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Wyndham Estate (not the wine)

So, I'll admit to you one of my guilty pleasure... really nice houses. I don't know why, but I really like really nice houses.

One of my favorites (my absolute favorite) is the Wyndham Estate in Newport (apparently you have to include the Newport part when you talk about it, because there is a famous Australian wine with the same name.) I found it in an article on CNN about ridiculously expensive foreclosures. Here's a run down from the article:


Asking price: $7.9 million

This sprawling estate is a throwback to the Gilded Age -- just with all new appliances. Originally built in 1891, the estate was foreclosed on last year and then renovated by one of its lien holders. It was listed last summer for $7.9 million and remains on the market.

There are 7 bedrooms, 7 1/2 bathrooms, a ballroom, music room and a library. Located at the highest point in Newport, there are impressive views of the ocean and -- on a clear day -- Martha's Vineyard, from the rooftop deck. The property also includes 7 acres of manicured lawn and an extra lot with an additional lot available.



The house + grounds remind me of the English countryside (think Downton Abbey).

Will I ever be able to afford it? No. Do I really want to live in Newport? Probably not. But come on, this place is just awesome.








Wyndam   


   




No comments:

Post a Comment