Friday, April 19, 2013

Midnight Reverie - It's so good it's... shockolate? chocking?

So, my wife got a surprise for me at the store: Ghirardelli's Intense Dark 86% Cacao Midnight Reverie Bar. I decided to try it, and - wow. Blown away. Now, I'm much more a dark chocolate kinda person than milk chocolate, and this one was pretty dark. From the Tasting Notes: "The deep, full bodied flavor is noticeable upfront and evenly throughout with hints of dark cherries, dried plums, and a roasted flavor from the high cacao content."  I think that description does it justice. If you're into dark, I definitely recommend it.



I found a great review of this chocolate, and in it some others that I would like to try in the future, among them the Lindt 90% and the Green & Black 85% bars. Any good ones I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment